Where you will live during your stay in Toronto is an important decision. At Hansa, we have full time staff dedicated to assisting our students in finding appropriate lodging with Canadian families.
All families have been carefully selected and are visited regularly to ensure quality service. You will receive the name, address, and telephone number of the host family about two weeks before your departure. Flight information should be confirmed as early as possible or, at the latest, two weeks prior to arrival.
Homestay fees should be sent at least two weeks before the starting date of the course. The payment for the first four weeks of homestay is non-refundable. Students are free to change their accommodation after the first month. However, they must give at least three weeks notice to the host family if they decide to change their family or move to an apartment.
In order to arrange homestay we require the following at least two to three weeks in advance:
The cost of this service for adult students (18+ years) is:
*Please note that homestay fees do not include internet. Arrangements for payment and usage of internet must be made directly with the homestay family. The family reserves the right to limit usage.
Student Residences in Toronto
Residences are the ideal housing alternative in Toronto for students that are not interested in living with a family. Below you will find a list of recommended accommodations that operate independently of Hansa Language Centre. Students should contact the residence for information or bookings. Residence prices generally range between $600 to $1000 per month (not including meals).
- CCNM 1255 Sheppard Ave. East Tel: 1-416-498-1255 Ext.330 MAP
- Alexandra Hotel 77 Ryerson Ave. Tel: 1-416-504-2121 MAP
- Tartu College 310 Bloor Street West Tel: 1-416-925-9405 MAP
- Pitman Hall (Ryerson) 160 Mutual Street Tel: 1-416-979-5296 MAP
- ILLC (Ryerson) 240 Jarvis Street Tel: 1-416-979-5296 MAP
- Neill Wycik College Hotel 96 Gerrard Street East Tel: 1-416-977-2320 MAP
- Innis Residence (U of T) 111 St. George Street Tel: 1-416-978-2512 MAP
- Chestnut Residence (U of T) 89 Chestnut Street Tel: 1-416-977-0707 MAP
- New College Residences (U of T) Room 1007, 40 Willcocks Street Tel: 1-416-946-0529 MAP
- Trinity College (U of T) 6 Hoskin Avenue Tel: 1-416-978-2522 MAP
Youth Hostels in Toronto
Planet Traveler 357 College Street Tel: 1-647-352-8747 MAP
College Backpackers 280 Augusta Avenue Tel: 1-416-929-4777 MAP
HI-Toronto 76 Church Street Tel: 1-416-971-4440 MAP
The Only Inn 966 Danforth Ave Tel: 1-416-463-3249 MAP
All Days Hostel 5 Selby Street Tel: 1-647-955-2601 MAP
The Clarence 7 Clarence Square Tel: 1-647-559-7702 MAP
*This is a cheap short term option, generally for backpackers.
Hotels in Toronto
Hotels in Toronto can be rather expensive. The cheapest way to book a hotel is generally through one of the following websites:
Hotels is a leading provider of hotel accommodation worldwide, offering booking services through its own network of localised websites and telephone call centres.
Hotwire When it comes to travel, the team at Hotwire is a lot like you. We’re always bringing back travel tips and stories from our adventures because we don’t just think about trips, we go out and live them. And like you, we’re passionate about sharing insider knowledge of destinations, finding great deals, or simply discovering ways to save time and energy when planning and booking that next great getaway. We understand that the more we travel, the more we enrich our lives.
Expedia.ca is Canada’s largest online travel provider, committed to helping Canadians plan and purchase travel by offering the best combination of scheduled and charter flights, car and hotel reservations, vacation packages, destination activities, cruises, trip insurance and traveller-authored content.
TORONTO Guest House / Bed and Breakfast
- Campus Co-op 395 Huron Street Tel: 1-416-979-2161 MAP
- Kaisar's Guest House 370 College Street Tel: 1-416-898-9282 MAP
- McGill Inn B&B 110 McGill Street Tel: 1-416-351-1503 MAP
- Downtown Home Inn B&B 2 Monteith Street Tel: 1-647-342-1010 MAP
- Global Guest House 9 Spadina Road Tel: 1-416-923-4004 MAP
- Spadina 11 Guesthouse 11 Spadina Road Tel: 1-647-998-8444 MAP
- Ada's Guesthouse 29 Linden Street Tel: 1-416-874-8059 MAP
- Comfy Guesthouse 250 Gerrard Street East Tel: 1-416-822-5590 MAP
- Victoria's Mansion Guesthouse 68 Gloucester Street Tel: 1-416-921-4625 MAP
- Toronto Garden Inn 142 Seaton Street Tel: 1-647 346 4719 MAP
AirBnB Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world — online or from a mobile phone or tablet.
Viewit.ca Rental housing locator offers pictures of rental properties as well as point-and-click maps and categories by province and city.
Torontofurnishedliving.com Whether you are a new immigrant or a regular visitor looking for accommodation in Toronto, we provide the best rental services for you for an enjoyable stay in Toronto. Our accommodations are competitively priced & fully furnished for short and long term living and at a fraction of comparable hotel accommodation prices.
Booking.com Established in 1996, Booking.com B.V. guarantees the best prices for every type of property, from small, family-run bed and breakfasts to executive apartments and five-star luxury suites.